WHAT IS THAT STUFF?
You may have seen someone downing a glass of “green stuff” and wondering why any one would want to drink that. Well, its simple really. Green smoothies are a quick and easy to make and they help give your body large servings of fruits and leafy greens which your body craves and needs. Did I mention how tasty they are?
WHAT IS IN THERE?!
Well, it’s a pretty simple: leafy greens + fruit + liquid base … and maybe some fancy superfood toppings. And I know what you might be thinking… why? The truth is, once you try a green smoothie, you’ll most likely become insanely addicted! And there is nothing better for your body than drinking 2 cups of spinach a day.
But if you’re one of those people who needs to see some evidence on why you would want to try this, here you go! Dark leafy greens contain: high-quality amino acids, important minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and beneficial phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are plant-based chemicals that support your immune system, improve health and longevity, and may reduce life- threatening diseases. It seems more on the complicated side of things, but when it comes down to it, green smoothies are extremely easy to make and you can change them to fit you!
5 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE GREEN SMOOTHIES
1. Green smoothies work as a natural energy booster and are great during any time of the day.
2. Green smoothies work with your body as a natural weight loss with nothing additional added but your fresh ingredients!
3. Green smoothies work to boost the immune system to keep you staying healthy all-year-long.
4. Green smoothies are packed with disease-fighting antioxidants (special thanks to that phytonutrients).
5. Green smoothies simply are the best fast food. With being done in 5 minutes top from start to clean up, green smoothies take first place.
READY TO MAKE YOUR OWN GREEN SMOOTHIE?
All green smoothies start out with a basic formula: 2 cups leafy-greens + 2 cups liquid base + 3 cups ripe fruit. You can add additional veggies and or fruits to your smoothie as you go and even top off with delicious super foods. Heres a starter list:
2 cups leafy greens: 2 cups liquid base: 3 cups ripe fruit:
spinach water banana
kale coconut water mango
romaine coconut milk berries
bok choy almond milk oranges
swiss chard avocado