As you all know, I love me a good zucchini dish. So, here are the most delicious little morsels you will ever eat. Toss out those french fries ladies and gentlemen, we have zucchini fries.
Ingredients for Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fine grain salt
- ½ cup almond flour (or baking flour)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Ingredients For Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 sprig of chives, diced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut zucchini into 3-inch length, then cut each piece into 9 fries. Place zucchini into a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let zucchini drain for at least 30 minutes up to 1 hour to remove excess liquid.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl mix almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Rinse salt off zucchini and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip each zucchini piece into beaten eggs and roll in almond coating. Place coated zucchini fried on the prepared lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven, turning halfway through cooking time, for about 25 minutes or until the coating is golden brown.
Roasted Garlic Aioli sauce:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and cut off the top of the garlic, exposing the cloves, and discard.
- Pour the olive oil on top and add dash of salt and pepper. Wrap it in foil or parchment and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool.Take the garlic out of its shell and add to a food processor, along with mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer aioli to a bowl and stir in chives.