This grilled chicken sandwich is to die for. I make one almost everyday for lunch… and I’m ok with that! I love it because it’s filling from the grilled chicken but it’s so light and refreshing from all the veggies on it! Now let me tell you how to make it.
- 2 slices of bread of your choice, I prefer a sourdough for this.
- 1 avocado (will not use all for one sandwich)
- 1 sweet yellow onion (will not use all for one sandwich)
- 1 tomato (will not use all for one sandwich)
- Chicken (I usually get the breast strips and use one strip per sandwich. If you don’t know what I mean by this, it’s the chicken breasts cut into smaller sections. Essentially you can just cut a chicken breast in half or in thirds.)
- salt and pepper
Time to cook:
- Now if you don’t know, I’m obsessed with cast iron cookware. So, I pull out my cast iron skillet and girl my chicken in the pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and seasonings.
- Then once the chicken is just about finished, I take my onion and cut out a few slices and throw them into the pan to sauté them.
- While that finishes cooking, I cut (if not precut) my sourdough loaf and toast two slices.
- By this point your inions and chicken should be done cooking so remove the pan from the heat.
- Then, slice your tomato and avocado. (You can add as much or little here as you like. I usually use about three avocado slices and 3 tomato slices.) In addition, you could also make a guacamole spread for your sandwich rather than just slices. Both are delicious!
- Remove your bread from the oven and add your avocado slices and tomato. Then, add your chicken and onions on top! And done! You can also add cheese to this sandwich as well which is also quite tasty!