Who doesn’t love a delicious quiche? I know I love them and crave them every saturday. The best thing about a quiche is that you can throw anything you want in them; they are the garbage can of all foods. So, here is a tasty breakfast quiche with a quick and easy homemade crust! (this is for a 9 inch quiche)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place all ingredients in 9 inch pie pan. Stir together with fork. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Poke holes in bottom and side of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Use as directed in favorite pie recipe.
- 6-8 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (For this recipe i love a good aged extra sharp white cheddar or aged asiago but thats just because anything short just isn’t flavorful enough for me but any cheese will work.)
- 1/2 cup of red, green, and yellow peppers (fresh or frozen will work here)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion(any works I prefer sweet for this)
- 1/3 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (optional)
- After cooking your crust, lower your temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add your milk, salt, and greek yogurt and mix well.
Pour egg mixture into your ready to go crust after it has cooked for 15 minutes. Then add your peppers, onion, and cheese to the mixture and place in the oven to bake!
- Bake the quiche at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, until the edges are set but the quiche still jiggles a little in the center.
- Let cool and serve!